Here are 10 healthy quick meals that will fill you up and take about 30 minutes or less to cook. Cook healthy and eat healthy without having to spend hours in the kitchen. You can cook a healthy quick meal that is hygienic in just about the same amount of time it would take the delivery guy to reach you! Make sure you choose what is beneficial to your health.
Chicken with Lemon Herb Sauce
If you’re busy this evening, don’t worry, I got you covered. This healthy quick meal takes an estimated 30 minutes of cook time. This dish of healthy quick meals comes packed with low-fat protein; which helps build muscle mass, Vitamin B6; which promotes brain health and prevents anemia, Selenium; it promotes brain health and the functioning of thyroid, Phosphorous; which is great for your kidneys, teeth and bones and many other beneficial nutrients. Meanwhile, the hydrating, Vitamin C rich Lemon teams up with mint and parsley to bring you added benefits besides promoting healthy digestion.
Healthy Quick Meals Ingredients:
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Boneless Chicken Breast – 4 halves
- Salt and Pepper – According to taste
- Garlic – Peeled
- Salt – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Parsley leaves – 1/2 Cup
- Mint leaves – 1/3 Cup
- Olive oil – 1/3 Cup
- Lemon – Zested, and Juiced
How to Cook this Dish?
- First, preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Coat a skillet with olive oil. Place chicken which has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until it is crispy brown.
- Flip over and cook the other side. Cook 1 minute in the skillet.
- Now transfer to the oven and bake at 165°F (74°C) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Make the sauce by adding garlic cloves, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, mint, salt, pepper and olive oil into a blender.
- Blend well into a sauce, now add olive oil. Deglaze the skillet with sauce and serve with chicken.
Pomegranate Love Smoothie
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C prevents Cancer and Alzheimer’s while aiding digestion. It gives you youthful and glowing skin. Bananas are the powerhouse of nutrients loaded with high-fiber content. Coconut milk contains unique proteins, vitamins, and minerals. This smoothie is a healthy quick meal that will not only give you a great energy boost but will also benefit your overall health.
Ingredients of this Smoothie:
- Coconut milk – 1 ½ Cup
- Ripe Bananas – 2
- Pomegranate seeds – 1 Cup
- Date – 1
Preparing Healthy Quick Meals:
- Take all the ingredients; Coconut milk, bananas, pomegranate seeds, date into a juicer.
- Blend well until it’s perfectly smooth.
- Serve this could also be a great, quick healthy meal after your workout sessions.
Here are some more Tasty & Healthy Smoothies for You (with Calorie Count)
Pasta with Tomato and Peas
This is a gift for all you pasta lovers out there. This healthy quick meal with low-calorie, whole grain pasta combined with protein and nutrient-packed cheese will fill you up when you’re craving something cheesy and delightful.
What You Need:
- Onions – 3, Chopped
- Garlic cloves – 2, Minced
- Carrot – 1, Diced
- Salt and Pepper – 1 Teaspoon
- Tomato paste – 5 Tablespoons
- Oregano – ½ Teaspoon
- Thyme – 1 Teaspoon
- Parsley – 1 Teaspoon
- Peas – 1 ½ Cups
- Mozzarella – ¼ Cup and Cheddar – ¼ Cup
How to Cook?
- Boil pasta over salted water for 8-10 minutes until it is tender.
- Drain pasta but reserve 2 cups of pasta water. Meanwhile, heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 8 minutes until tender. Add tomato paste and 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Stir oregano, thyme, and parsley to make a sauce.
- Fold in cooked pasta, peas, and cheese adding a bit more of pasta water. Serve and enjoy!
Healthy Quick Meals Hummus
Chickpeas are a great source of protein, fiber, and micronutrients. These healthy quick meals can be served with roti or as a dip. You should also check out these 5 Delicious Pakistani Foods That Are Worth Dying For.
- Chickpeas – 400 g
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Tahini – 1 Tablespoon
- Lemon – 1
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – as required
Cooking Simple Hummus:
- Add drained chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a food processor.
- Add a pinch of salt and now blend until smooth.
- Scrape out the hummus carefully and add more lemon juice according to your preference.
- Serve with roti or sliced veggies.
Easy Lemon Butter Fish
It’s finally fish season and what better way to fill you up than with this healthy quick meal that only takes up about 20 minutes to cook, approximately. Fish is without a doubt one of the healthiest foods you can consume. Packed with protein, Vitamin-D, and omega-3 fatty acids, it’s a vital diet for your body and brain. Here you can see all the health benefits of eating fish.
- Fish fillet – 4
- Butter – 3 Tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 lemon
- Salt – 2 Teaspoons
- Garlic paste – 1 Teaspoon
- Onion paste – 1 Teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/4 Teaspoon
- Olive oil – 3 Tablespoons
- Parsley leaves – Garnishing
- In a bowl combine 1/2 tablespoon salt, garlic paste, onion paste, and black pepper.
- Properly marinate both sides of the fillets in this paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fish and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl mix lemon juice, zest and butter. Drizzle half this mixture over the fish.
- Let the fish cook until brown and firm.
- Now serve with the rest of the lemon-butter mix and enjoy!
Orange, Carrot and Turmeric Smoothie
Oranges are Vitamin-C rich and promote healthy immunity. Beta-carotene, vitamins and antioxidant-rich carrots are good for your eyes and weight-loss friendly. Turmeric is the healthiest ingredient of this healthy quick meal, it has proven to cure many different diseases and is rich in antioxidants.
- Coconut milk – 1 Cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 Cup
- Oranges – 2, Peeled
- Carrots – 2 Small, Chopped
- Turmeric – 1 Teaspoon
- Combine coconut milk, yogurt, oranges, carrots and turmeric in a blender.
- Blend perfectly well till it’s all blended and smooth.
- Enjoy your nutritious smoothie. Have you tried These 5 Unique Types of Biryani from Different Lands?
Easy Mushroom Soup
This personal favorite healthy quick meal contains mushrooms which might not be everyone’s preference but it sure is healthy. Rich in protein, fiber, B vitamin and Selenium, mushrooms are the best meat substitute. Enjoy this nutritious meal on a wintery evening. Since the winter is coming here are 5 Delicious and Healthy Soups Recipes from Different Cultures that every foodie must try.
- Onion – ½ small
- Olive oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Mushrooms – 5 Cups, chopped
- Vegetable broth – 2 Cups
- Cream – ½ Cup
- Salt and Pepper – To taste
- Fry onion in a pot for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and let them cook for 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add vegetable broth and let cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Finally, add some cream, salt, and then pepper. Stir well, serve and enjoy!
Pina Colada Yogurt Parfait:
This Pina Colada landed among one of our healthy quick meals for its nutritious benefits with a combination of taste. It is a sweet treat that contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Manganese, Thiamin, and Dietary fiber.
- Yogurt – 2 Cups
- Fresh Pineapple, 1 Cup, chopped
- Coconut flakes, ½ Cup
- Chia seeds – 4 Teaspoons
- Honey – 2 Tablespoons
Preparing Healthy Quick Meals:
- Mix yogurt, honey and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Now add a few pineapple slices in another bowl, add coconut flakes and then add a layer of yogurt.
- Add more pineapple and then again add coconut flakes top them with yogurt and repeat for as many layers as you desire.
20-Minute Tomato Soup
You might be ignoring tomatoes in your diet but it’s about time we realize how nutritious it actually is. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene antioxidant, Vitamin C and K, Potassium and Folate. This healthy quick meal comes with many benefits including reduced risk of heart problems and cancer. Here you can see some amazing health benefits of Tomato Soup.
- Olive oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Onion – 1 diced
- Garlic – 4 minced cloves
- Tomato paste – 14-ounces tomatoes
- Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
How to Cook?
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute. Now add tomato paste, vegetable broth.
- Simmer for at least 10 – 15 minutes. Season salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
10-Minute Tuna Wrap
This is one of the fastest Healthy Quick Meals that you can prepare under 10 minutes. Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and many other nutrients this healthy quick meal has to be your favorite winter delight!
- Pita bread – 1
- Tahini dip or Hummus – as desirable
- Cooked Tuna – canned
- Lettuce – 3 leaves
- Cucumber – ¼ small
- Capsicum – ½
- Lay out wax paper on a large plate and plate pita bread on top.
- Spread tahini dip or hummus on half of the pita bread.
- Place cucumber, lettuce, and capsicum on top of the layer of tahini dip or hummus.
- Roll into a wrap and secure the ends. Enjoy with extra tahini dip or hummus.