It is said that “The Pumpkin Spice Latte is the crack cocaine of the hot beverage universe.” In this article you won’t only find the Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, we’ll also guide you on how to make the Pumpkin Spice. Pumpkin Spice Latte is a seasonal drink, a delectable treat you can prepare yourself at home, rather than going to Starbucks. Let’s learn how to prepare it at home and find out why it’s so yummy, popular and healthy. You can add this to your breakfast menu, enjoy on a beautiful evening or spice up your nights. There’s also a very peaceful video of the Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe and Method at the end of this article, so make sure you check that out.
How Healthy Is The Pumpkin Spice Latte?
The Starbucks’ version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte contains almost 380 calories. However, you can make a low-calorie version with our Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe, at home by using low-fat milk or excluding the whipped cream and sugar according to your choice. It contains 6 different spices that are beneficial for your health in many ways. The Pumpkin Spice is made up of the following spices:
- Cinnamon, which is rich in antioxidants.
- Nutmeg contains B-Vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Ginger contains iron, potassium, and zinc.
- Allspice, which increases brain functioning and blood count.
- Cloves may improve liver health and regulate blood sugar.
- Cardamom contains Cancer-fighting compounds and its anti-inflammatory effects can help prevent chronic diseases.
Required Ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe?
The Pumpkin Spice Latte can be easily made with the savory spices available in your kitchen. No need to head out to Starbucks, when you can easily relish the October flavor of this warm concoction at home. If you’re looking for more Quick Healthy Breakfast Recipes check out our article!
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Pure Pumpkin Puree – 2 Tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – ¼ Tablespoon
- Pure Vanilla Extract – ¼ Tablespoon
- Hot Espresso or Strong Brewed Coffee – 1 Cup
- Whipped Cream, for serving (Optional)
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home?
Follow these steps to create a delicious cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte with this Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe and entice your taste buds.
- Take a pumpkin and cut out a few slices. Steam the pumpkin slices so that they become tender.
- Now mash the soft steamed pumpkin to make a pure pumpkin puree.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of Sugar to this puree.
- Next, sprinkle ¼ tablespoon of the Pumpkin Pie Spice onto the puree.
- Add ¼ tablespoon of the sweet smelling, Vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee to this Pumpkin puree mixture.
- Now stir all of these ingredients together until the puree becomes mushy.
- Add a steaming 1 cup of hot milk to this mixture and mix them well together.
- Serve the Pumpkin Spice Latte in a beautiful coffee mug and sprinkle some Pumpkin Pie Spice at the top.
Don’t forget to share this Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe with your friends and share a cup with them! Also, here are some Quick Healthy Meal Recipes which can be prepared in ten minutes. Yes, only Ten minutes! Make sure you try them out.