Are you overrun with fresh tomatoes in your garden or refrigerator? There’s no need to waste them. This Tomato Juice Recipe will help you prepare fresh tomato juice which not just tastes best but is very easy to prepare. This delicious tomato juice can be served alone, with ice or used as an ingredient to make cocktails.
Before You Start with Tomato Juice Recipe
Use the ripest tomatoes you can. Adding sugar will balance the natural acidity of the tomatoes, use more or less according to your taste. There are also many health benefits of tomato juice.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Makes about 1/4litre
Ingredients You Need
Tomatoes are the main component in tomato juice, and that’s all you need for a fresh basic tomato juice. However, you’ll find that it will give you a better taste if you season it with a little salt and black pepper.
Here is the list of ingredients for Tomato Juice Recipe:
- 3 pounds of ripe garden tomatoes; cored and roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery with leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoon sugar (or as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- About 6-8 drops of Tabasco sauce (or as per taste)
Let’s Prepare It!
Begin by washing your tomatoes. Remove the blossom ends and any damaged spots on tomatoes.
- Cut the clean tomatoes into small parts and place them in a saucepan.
- Mix all ingredients in a large non-reactive pot (preferably stainless steel, not aluminum).
- Bring to simmer and cook uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is soupy.
- Force mixture through a sieve or food mill.
- Cool the mixture. Store covered and chilled. It will last for about 1 week if stored in a refrigerator.
Some Serving Ideas
- Serve it along with snacks as a healthy summer drink.
- Give it to kids during the summer.
- Use it to make a cocktail like Bloody Mary.
Sweet & Simple Tomato Juice Recipe
Tomato juice naturally contains enough sugar, but if you want a little more sweetness in your drink, adding a little extra sugar would be great.
Alternatively, you can improve the taste of fresh tomato juice by adding the juice of other fruits. This gives you a boost in nutrition and in taste as well.
- Mix apple, carrot or grape juice into prepared tomato juice according to your taste.
- Use 25% fruit juice for every 100% of tomato juice you use.
You might also like: 5 Delicious Pakistani Foods that are Worth Dying For
Spice up your life!
If you’d prefer to spice up the taste of your tomato juice, hot sauces are a good combo with tomato juice. The spicy kick gives it a classic, exciting taste.
Use approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of sauce for every liter of tomato juice as per your taste. If you want to go super spicy, combine red pepper flakes to add extra zing!
Add chili powder or a few drops of hot sauce for spicier tomato juice. Other spices can also be added according to your needs. Consider adding a little
- Onion Powder
- Celery Salt
- Or anything in your spice collection that fits good.
Tips to Freeze Tomato Juice
If you don’t want to can your tomato juice, you can also freeze it. Once the juice has cooled, simply convert it into freezer-safe containers.
Be sure to leave a little headspace at the top of the jars because the juice will expand as it freezes. Store the labeled containers in the freezer.
Freeze some of your juice in ice cube trays, if you want to use it as small servings.
Once the cubes are completely frozen, transfer them into a plastic bag, and store them in a freezer. This will allow you to remove only the cubes you want to use.